The Log Company
A major part of Shire Country Services LLP is The Log Company. We provide high quality seasoned and kiln dried wood fuel and firewood related products to homes and businesses across the region.
Using our modern facilities and machinery, TheLogCompany.com has grown to be an important part of the business. The successful candidate will be involved predominantly in the processing, bagging and delivery of logs and other products, as well as further wood fuel related work as the business grows.
In recent years we have worked to develop the sale and hire of wood fired hot tubs and saunas. We are the UK distributor for Kirami, Europe’s largest manufacturer. Through this diversification there may be the opportunity to deliver and install wood fired hot tubs throughout the UK both to private and commercial customers such as glamping sites, holiday parks and letting properties.
We attend a number of local and national shows and events so the role may involve more interesting tasks such as setting up for a show or event, attending the event, delivering wood fired hot tubs to a festival, glamping site or private buyer.
The ability to communicate effectively with customers as well as operate efficiently on your own or in a team is very important. A varied but rewarding range of work is available if this is achievable.
Shire Country Services
Established primarily as a contracting operation in 2011 we continue to provide a variety of mobile services to a wide range of clients across the North East.
The majority of our work is performed using compact tractors and small-scale plant machinery, catering for clients with land areas from half an acre up to around 30 acres and within the equestrian, agricultural, amenity sectors.
Significant investment in modern, readily transported equipment combined with our broad experience in grassland management and the agricultural and equine sectors allows us to ensure that we can provide a high level of service in an affordable and convenient manner throughout the North East of England.
Clients include private houses with large gardens and land, equestrian businesses, smallholdings, farms and estates, councils, caravan parks, sports clubs and conservation organisations.
Over the colder winter months, as well as being busy with logs we have built up a well-established winter maintenance round of gritting work for business parks, car parks and industrial estates. We operate between Newcastle and York and have a range of modern machinery to operate.
We are looking for someone to join our team to assist us with providing our range of services and delivering our products. This key position involves the operation of machinery, primarily small tractors and plant together with a variety of manual work as required. To be successful in this role you will need to have a practical and common sense approach as well as being personable, passionate about the countryside and focused on delivering a high quality service to our clients.
• Provide the practical delivery of our wide range of services and products to our clients. The location of this work will vary on a day to day basis with a company vehicle provided for travel between the yard and job
• Often working alone, it is important that a high level of common sense is employed throughout performing the required tasks, in a timely, safe and efficient manner
• Pre-use checks and daily maintenance for 4×4 ,tractor, implements and trailer followed by the safe and secure loading of the equipment required for the day ahead
• Safe travel to and from site, obeying weight, speed, height and width restrictions as well as with consideration for other road users and pedestrians. Vehicles are liveried and reputation is important
• On arrival at site, establish client expectations and consider any risks associated with the work ahead. Plan the work to allow access to particular fields/areas in line with client requirements
• Perform the job required to a high standard and in an efficient manner
• The ability to work in a team is required, particularly for tasks such as fencing, landscaping and clearance work. It may also be necessary to work alongside other contractors and the client
• Machinery to be used will include, strimmers, chainsaws, blowers, pedestrian and ride-on mowers, compact tractors, 4×4 pickups, tractors, telehandlers, dumpers and diggers
• Ensure health and safety regulations are adhered to in line with the staff handbook and company processes and procedures
• Record and report promptly all near misses, accidents and damage involving any personnel, property or machinery
• Undertake training and development as required for the needs of the business. This may take place on or off site
• Maintain a high level of housekeeping taking pride in appearance of machinery and vehicles. We try to operate a ‘one person to one machine’ policy unless logistics dictate otherwise
• Ensure all job records are accurately compiled and submitted for sign off or invoicing
• For the right candidate, progression is possible within the business and may then require the management, motivation and leadership of other members of the team
Full valid UK driving license with trailer entitlement (B+E) is essential.
Competitive rate of pay with regular overtime available over 39 hours per week. Rate depends on experience and qualifications.
A full job description and application form are available on request. Applications to be made with a covering letter and CV if available. All enquiries will be kept in confidence.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01748 889303 to discuss.
Contact Us for a QuoteEmail Us